Assigning IP address(static IP)
- In local server click on Ethernet 0 assign IP 192.168.0.199
- In manage add roles & features click next.
- select role-based or feature-based installation click next.
- select a server from the server pool. click next.
- select more roles to install on selected server
In ADDS ,click next.
then restart the server.
In yellow exclamation mark click on promote this server to the domain controller.
in deployment configuration, select ‘add new forest’.
- Active Directory Domain services. click next.
In DNS option click next
In additional options
- in root domain name: sos.com
- then assign password:
- confirm password:
- click next.
In paths, click next
in review options click next
In prequisties check click install to begin installation.
Now the computer will restart automatically.
- The net bios domain name: sos
Now Open window 7
- Then open network in sharing Center.
- Click on change adapter settings.
- In local area connection select properties
In system properties
- Assign IP: 192.168.0.200
- Prefered DNS: 192.168.0.199
ping all the systems & check if they are connected with each other.
In server manager go to tools select ‘Active Directory users & computers’
Now you’ll see your own domain ‘sos’ expand it & right click on users –>new –>user.
Now assign name:
user logon name:
click next –> select password, click next.
Go back to client machine ‘log off’ the user & sign in with other user take user logon name & password.
After login in server, go to tools for verification & check the users you installed.
- change the domain name.
- computer –>manage –>change name.
- select domain & write the domain name as sos.com click ok.